This is about the Las Vegas-based marketing geek, Kat Carrera aka @GeekyGemini. For other "Kat Carrera"s, please see Google.
Kat Carrera (pronounced /kɐt ka.ʁə.ʁa/; born on the longest day of the year) is a marketing geek with over 16 years of progressive experience in high-performance omni-channel marketing for the B2C and B2B markets. With expertise in all facets and phases of ecommerce, advertising, marketing, and public relations. A conversion-fanatic and data junkie.
Personal Mission Statement
To use my gifts and experience to inspire and help others achieve success. To serve as a leader, live a balanced life, and create a positive impact in the world with my serial optimism and passion for emerging media.
Mad Technical Skills
- Solid understanding of Organic Traffic drivers: on-page and off-page SEO inbound referral sources, social media relationship marketing, content marketing, and partnership marketing.
- Highly proficient in all phases of Paid Traffic sources from research to implementation and execution to A/B testing, optimization, and analysis: pay-per-click/SEM, lead acquisition, funnel and conversion tracking, display marketing, retargeting, behavioral targeting, and targeted media buys.
- Advanced Affiliate Marketing skills: program development, marketing/creative development, recruitment, optimization, and reporting/finance.
- Expert Email Marketer: data acquisition, list segmentation, advanced query builds, and complete open, clickthrough, bounce, and send analysis.
- Emerging media early adopter: SMS marketing, mobile marketing, geofencing technologies, all new social media and iGaming platforms.
- Power (web tool) User: Highly-proficient in all Microsoft Office products; all Adobe Creative Suite products; various web traffic analytic and metric tools (Adobe Site Catalyst, Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Webtrends, Bing Webmaster Tools); various SEM tools (Adobe SearchCenter, Marin Software, Acquisio, ReachLocal, Google Adwords, Bing AdCenter, DoubleClick DART center); various e-mail marketing tools (Silverpop, Constant Contact AWeber); various CMS platforms (Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, Serendipity); Sharepoint and Salesforce administration; various Project Management applications (Zoho, Unfuddle, Basecamp, Sharepoint Projects); IBM iSeries tools (Navigator, LANSA, LMS, CMS, Showcase, Datamagine, Daylight, Stratton-Warren); various Web tools (Cpanel, webmin, firewall manager, FTP clients)